For those that have a MyCores account, use your MyAccess ID to login to the MyCores online scheduler below to book time for services and instrumentation listed under the "SCAC: Parnassus Flow Cytometry Core." The computer login and password will be posted on the monitor. Your Lab login and password, will work for FACSDiva software (any computer attached to an LSRII, Fortessa, X20, Symphony or Aria).
, , or , please contact us, so a member of the Flow Core can be made available. For Assistance or Guidance, email as soon as you make the instrument reservation so that Core staff have as much advanced notice as possible. See . Requests made less than the required advanced notice may not be able to be accommodated. If you continue to schedule last minute without justifiable reason, you will be denied access to the facility.
2. MyCores will automatically place your contact information when signing up, unless you are given the Lab Manager role. If you have the Lab Manager role, you will morph as your PI, so please place your contact info (email & phone) in the comments field when signing up. You can also request the Resource User role and have both options. Please book the appropriate amount of time for your experiment plus 15 minutes for System Changeover/Shutdown and any possible trouble shooting. Start and finish on time. If you go into the next person's time, you may negotiate with them, but please follow the properly scheduled person's demands when they tell you they need the instrument.
3. For Self Sorting using the Arias, please provide us the following information in the "Comments" Box.
- Which size nozzle do you want?
- How many populations do you plan on sorting and into what type of collection tubes?
- Any other special requests? If you do not provide us with the information requested, the Core will not be responsible for the "Aria-Setup."
- Check the scheduler for available times on the MoFlo XDPs.
- When you find a time, please by email and describe what you plan to sort and provide the billing speedtype, so the Core staff can book the time for you on the scheduler. We will consult with you on how the instrument needs to be setup (nozzle size, populations to collect, collection devices, and color choices), and the controls you need to provide us to have the instrument setup properly.
- Please inform us ASAP of any changes in your schedule.
5. Follow the rules on instrument signups as some labs have priority times. If there is a priority time that becomes available, and we can lift the restriction. Please let us know your PI and which speedtype to use.
- Fortessa (Cookie Monster): Lowell/Krummel/Rosenblum labs have priority and can reserve a week or more in advance and reserve the right to bump others who do not follow this rule. If not taken by the week cutoff, the time slot can be used by anyone. Other users can be approved by the Flow Core with a valid reason in advance to not be bumped.
- Fortessa X-20 Dual Left (Bert): HSW12 labs have reserved time 1-5pm on Mondays & Wednesdays, 2-6pm on Thursdays, and 9a-1p on Fridays. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon, 1 day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- Fortessa X-20 Dual Right (Ernie): HSW12 labs have reserved time 1-5pm on Fridays. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon, 1 day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- LSRII (Big Bird): Bluestone lab reserved time is 3-7pm on Wednesday & Friday. Anderson lab reserved time is 7-9pm on Wednesday & Friday. Lanier lab reserved time is 3-6pm on Tuesday & Thursday. If no one has signed up by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- LSRII (Oscar the Grouch): Locksley lab has priority and can bump others. If not in use by them, machine will be available for others to use.
- Moflo XDP (The Backup): Locksley lab has priority and can bump others. Other labs may only book one week in advance.
- Aria3u (Animal): Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others.
- Aria2 (Beaker): Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others. Tang lab has time reserved on Weds 1-6pm. If no Tang lab member reserves by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- Aria Fusion (Jabba the Hutt): Labs may only book open times 3 days in advance. A time block from 1-6pm will be for clinical samples. Labs with clinical samples can contact Flow Core staff for access to this time block. You will be placed in a queue and be informed about the schedule before 10am on the day of your requested time. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by 10am on the day of, the 1-6pm time slot can be used by anyone.
- Aria Fusion (Mylo): Krummel lab reserved time is 3-9pm, Monday through Friday, for their ImmunoProfiler project. Other labs with clinical samples can contact Flow Core staff for access to this time 24 hours in advance. You will be placed in a queue and be informed about the schedule before 10am on the day of your requested time. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon on the day of, the 3-9pm time slot can be used by anyone. Krummel lab will also have reserved time 10am-3pm, Tuesday through Thursday, and if no one’s name is in the Comments field by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone. For other open times, labs may only book 3 days in advance.
- FACSCalibur (Fozzie Bear) & FACSCalibur (Gonzo the Great): Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others.