If you do not have a MyCores and a Lab Account with us, please click HERE before proceeding any further.
For those that have a MyCores account, use your MyAccess ID to login to the MyCores online scheduler below to book time for services and instrumentation listed under the "Parnassus Flow Cytometry Core." The computer login and password will be posted on the monitor. Your Lab login and password, will work for FACSDiva software (any computer attached to an LSRII, Fortessa, or Aria).
Rules and Guidelines for Scheduling:
1. If you or members of your lab need Assistance, Training, or Guidance, please contact us, so a member of the Flow Core can be made available. For Assistance or Guidance, email email@example.com as soon as you make the instrument reservation so that Core staff have as much advanced notice as possible. If you continue to schedule last minute without justifiable reason, you will be denied access to the facility.
2. MyCores will automatically place your contact information when signing up, unless you are given the Lab Manager role. If you have the Lab Manager role, you will morph as your PI, so please place your contact info (email & phone) in the comments field when signing up. Please book the appropriate amount of time for your experiment plus 15 minutes for System Changeover/Shutdown and any possible trouble shooting. Start and finish on time. If you go into the next person's time, you may negotiate with them, but please follow the properly scheduled person's demands when they tell you they need the instrument.
3. For Self Sorting using the Arias, please provide us the following information in the "Comments" Box.
- Which size nozzle do you want?
- How many populations do you plan on sorting and into what type of collection tubes?
- Any other special requests? If you do not provide us with the information requested, the Core will not be responsible for the "Aria-Setup."
4. For Operator Assisted Cell Sorting using the MoFlo XDPs, you must contact Flow Core Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an available date and time from the online calander so that Core staff have as much advanced notice as possible. Core staff will signup on your behalf once you provide them the appropriate date, time, and billing info. If the Assistance can be fit in, the Core may charge the service at double the rate depending on the circumstances. If you continue to schedule last minute without justifiable reason, you will be denied access to the facility. The MoFlo XDP Calendar is all blocked off with these same instructions in the Comments field. If you see a Core Staff member's name there, with these same instructions above, then the time is available.
- Check the scheduler for available times on the MoFlo XDPs.
- When you find a time, please contact us by email and describe what you plan to sort and provide the billing speedtype, so the Core staff can book the time for you on the scheduler. We will consult with you on how the instrument needs to be setup (nozzle size, populations to collect, collection devices, and color choices), and the controls you need to provide us to have the instrument setup properly.
- Please inform us ASAP of any changes in your schedule.
5. Follow the rules on instrument signups as some labs have priority times. If there is a priority time that becomes available, contact us and we can lift the restriction. Please let us know your PI and which speedtype to use.
- Fortessa (Cookie Monster) HSW542: Lowell/Krummel/Rosenblum labs have priority and can reserve a week or more in advance and reserve the right to bump others who do not follow this rule. If not taken by the week cutoff, the time slot can be used by anyone. Other users can be approved by the Flow Core with a valid reason in advance to not be bumped.
- Fortessa X-20 Dual Left (Bert) HSW1209: HSW12 labs have reserved time 1-5pm on Mondays & Wednesdays, 2-6pm on Thursdays, and 9a-1p on Fridays. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon, 1 day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- Fortessa X-20 Dual Right (Ernie) HSW1209: HSW12 labs have reserved time 1-5pm on Fridays. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon, 1 day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- LSRII (Big Bird) S854: Bluestone lab reserved time is 3-7pm on Wednesday & Friday. Anderson lab reserved time is 7-9pm on Wednesday & Friday. Lanier lab reserved time is 3-6pm on Tuesday & Thursday. If no one has signed up by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- LSRII (Oscar the Grouch) HSW542: Locksley lab has priority and can bump others. If not in use by them, machine will be available for others to use.
- Moflo XDP (The Backup) S1067: Locksley lab has priority and can bump others. Other labs may only book one week in advance.
- Aria3u (Animal) S854: Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others.
- Aria2 (Beaker) S854: Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others. Tang lab has time reserved on Weds 1-6pm. If no Tang lab member reserves by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone.
- Aria Fusion (Jabba the Hutt) S854: Labs may only book open times 3 days in advance. A time block from 1-6pm will be for clinical samples. Labs with clinical samples can contact Flow Core staff for access to this time block. You will be placed in a queue and be informed about the schedule before 10am on the day of your requested time. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by 10am on the day of, the 1-6pm time slot can be used by anyone.
- Aria Fusion (Mylo) HSE302F: Krummel lab reserved time is 3-9pm, Monday through Friday, for their ImmunoProfiler project. Other labs with clinical samples can contact Flow Core staff for access to this time 24 hours in advance. You will be placed in a queue and be informed about the schedule before 10am on the day of your requested time. If no one’s name is in the Comments field by noon on the day of, the 3-9pm time slot can be used by anyone. Krummel lab will also have reserved time 10am-3pm, Tuesday through Thursday, and if no one’s name is in the Comments field by the day before, the time slot can be used by anyone. For other open times, labs may only book 3 days in advance.
- FACSCalibur (Fozzie Bear) MCB650A & FACSCalibur (Gonzo the Great) HSW1209: Clinical patient samples approved by the Flow Core have priority and can bump others.
6. On all services, you have up to 24 hours before the scheduled event to modify or cancel without charge. You must contact Flow Core staff at email@example.com to cancel after this time and your cancellation will be charged at 25% of the full reservation total. If you signed up for Self-Sorting on the Aria, and decide to cancel after the Aria Setup has already been performed, you will be billed for an hour of Self-Sorting, plus the 25% cancellation fee of the remainder of your time. No-shows will be billed based on their scheduled time. If you no-show frequently, we will contact your PI. If you signed up and find that you are the last person to run that day, but decide to cancel, please do the following three things: (1) Contact Flow Core staff. (2) Inform the person who was scheduled ahead of you that they are now the last user and they should go ahead and shut it down. (3) You can shut it down yourself. If you fail to do the above 3 items, you will be held responsible, your PI contacted to inform them of what has transpired, and you will be fined for failing to perform the System Changeover/Shutdown SOP. Failing to perform the System Changeover/Shutdown SOP is a Fine for Misuse of Equipment of at least one hour plus the cost per hour for the time the instrument was left on.
7. If you are finding it hard to get time scheduled on an instrument/service, and there is a particular time you need, contact Flow Core staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attemt to mediate a solution among the labs so we can get instrument time to meet the needs of everyone. If an agreeable mediation cannot be reached, the final decision will be made by the Core Director regarding times.